The department started in the year 2009 with four students doing certificate level only one teacher. The following year the department was able to introduce craft level and to admit more than ten students and employ more teachers.
The department is still growing .The department was to produce caterers of high quality, who will meet the increasing demand of food and beverage production and service due to introduction of new technology?
The main aim of food and beverage operations being to achieve customer satisfaction I.e. customer need; as a department we have recognized these needs and have opted to give that satisfaction.
As a result lack of employment among the youths due to growing population , we felt that providing those youths with skills will enable them start a business and even grow to provide job opportunities to others.
Due to the growth of the transport industry, the department is able to provide caterers who will be able to offer services to the conveniences of the guests.
Kenya being the center of tourist attraction for both the local and foreign investors, the department provides the country with competent managers ,kitchen and service staff who are able to cater for this service.
Other services that we offer include outside catering, cake making and icing, interior decor and external conference facilities and other sale of snacks.
- Diploma in Food and Beverage 3 years
- Certificate in Crafts 2 years
- Certificate Artisan 2 years
- Diploma or K.C.S.E Grade C plain and above pass in relevant craft (certificate) course
- Craft Certificate or K.C.S.E D+ and above or Pass in relevant Artisan (certificate) course
- Artsan Certificate K.C.P.E Certificate and above
- Produce Caterers of high quality high quality who will meet the increasing demand of food and beverage production and service due to introduction of new technology.
- To provide skills to the unemployed youth so that they can be able to start businesses and provide employment for others.
- Aim to assisting students to get a base to further their education.